Thursday, March 12, 2009

Simmons

My friend Bob's blog just reminded me of this little story that I haven't shared with everyone in the world yet, and while I shared it as a comment on his blog, I feel that I should make sure everyone hears it.


I worked at the downtown Barnes & Noble while living in Minneapolis (whoa, google image brought me some nostalgia), and one day I was minding my own business, avoiding work, when a co-worker informed me that Gene Simmons was downstairs in the music department. This caused me much excitement, because this is what was going on in my head:


So I head downstairs, trying to act casual, hoping that it's not too much to ask that he be wearing short-shorts and sneakers. But after a quick scan of the area, I don't see a crazy red 'fro anywhere and worry that I missed him. Suddenly, my gaze lands on this:

At which point my heart sinks and I realize the horrible mistake I've made. Richard Simmons is not Gene Simmons. Upon further consideration, I'm not sure what to make of the fact that I'd much rather meet Richard Simmons than Gene Simmons. I can say without a doubt, however, that Gene Simmons is pretty scary, especially his hair.

No comments: