Sunday, August 15, 2010

wedding wrap-up

It has been a long time since I've been compelled to blog, mostly because I'm constantly exhausted from work. I guess I'm too old for the coffee shop full time. School starts in 3 weeks, thank god. Pending last-minute employment for Dan somewhere far away from here (he has applied all over the US for a teaching job), I'm going to have the most awesome schedule ever next semester. Unfortunately, this half of the summer is creeping by at a snail's pace, probably due to the sudden lack of huge event rushing towards me on the horizon.
The wedding was amazing. Absolutely perfect. I mean, things went wrong, but that's to be expected. I couldn't have been happier. I have never worked so hard on something in my entire life, but it was worth it. That being said, I would never do it again, and had I known the amount of work, stress, and money involved despite my best efforts to be laid back and a "budget bride" (that's a technical wedding term. I know ALL THE WORDS), I might have eloped. I'm glad I didn't, though, because it was indescribably amazing to have so many people we love in one freekin' room. The awesomeness of that hadn't even occurred to me until I was in the middle of it.
All of the hard work paid off once everything was set up, because everything came together amazingly (with the help of our awesome wedding party, who worked their butts off the morning of the wedding). We received many compliments, which felt particularly good because most of the stuff at the wedding was diy. I basically turned into Martha Stewart, making the programs, table numbers, place cards, and designing the centerpieces, while my sister and I put together all the flowers, my mom made my veil, and I baked the cake and put it together with the help of my mom and sister. Many people suggested that I be a wedding planner, which could potentially be fun, but having been one, I don't think I want to deal with brides.
I can't believe it's over. We were engaged for almost two years, so it's really weird to not have to think about it anymore. We are still working on thank you cards, so we're not completely done with the process yet, and unfortunately I'm too tired from work to really enjoy the brief freedom that not being in school and/or having a wedding coming up has provided me. Never a dull moment!

1 comment:

Daniel Sennis said...

The best thing about the wedding was marrying you :)