Monday, June 22, 2009

Best. Week. Ever.

This has got to be the most exciting week of my life. Today I rode a HORSE. I have never ridden a horse before, or any animal for that matter. Furthermore, I am afraid of horses. I don't really want to talk about it, but...they have human teeth. However, I conquered my fears and am no longer afraid of horses, and will most likely ride more in the future. It was very zen, and my horse was like a robot who followed the horse in front of it, making it unnecessary for me to do much more than hold on. Which I did tightly. We trotted a few times, which was fun/terrifying. I was bouncing everywhere. Oh, and here's a picture of me from today:



But seriously, Simone took some pictures and they will be on facebook at some point.

As if that wasn't enough, Dan and I are getting ready for our road trip to Washington D.C. and then to Western NY. Eeee! We are leaving right after work on Wednesday, and Thursday Dan will be partaking in a protest for health care so I'll have the day to myself to explore the city. I rarely go on solo adventures these days, so this will be fun. Friday we are going to tour D.C. together; I think we're going to check out the White House and then the National Mall. We're driving up to Western NY Friday afternoon, and going to Niagara Falls on Saturday, where we will ride on the Maid of the Mist. Then Sunday will be a tour of Geneseo. We're seeing many friends (mostly college friends of Dan's) and will have many adventures.

No comments: