Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Is it Thursday yet?



Thursday is Girls Night Out and I can't wait. Work was rough last week, and this week is shaping up to be the same as everyone is getting worn out. Knowing I am going to get ridiculously inebriated with my equally worn-out friends is the only thing getting me through.


I don't know if I mentioned this before, but we got a bed. A real big-kid bed with a frame and everything. After 3 months of sleeping on an air mattress, this is very exciting. And it's brand new. Unfortunately, new bed + reserving a b&b for our anniversary = Lindsay is pretty broke. BUT! I worked overtime last week, so soon I'll be rich again.


Yesterday we went to Thatcher State Park in Voorheesville (near Albany). It was really nice. You're up on a mountain or something and there's a cliff overlook where you look down into a valley. Then there's a trail called "Indian's Ladder" where you climb down 3 million stairs and then can walk behind a waterfall. It was really cool, although the waterfall is weak this time of year, a mere trickle. Apparently if you go in the spring it's much better. Due to a lack of communication (i.e. Dan only pretending to listen to me before answering my question) I was under the impressing the trail was easy and therefore didn't bring any real shoes, which was not true. So we couldn't go very far on the trail but I imagine if you walk the whole thing it's really nice.


No comments: