Monday, August 25, 2008

Homemade Baby, $60 OBO

Dan is finally going to the doctor for his pinkeye (which he has had for over a week now) and apparently it only costs $60 for the appointment. I remarked "$60? That's all? I thought you had to give up your firstborn child to go to the doctor. I guess our first baby will be worth $60." and Dan replied "If that." lolzzz. Then we discussed going into the baby selling business. If we have it in the bathroom there's no production costs! Fucking genius.
I just took a long nap, which I needed. I really wasn't functioning today at work. I think Sunday was the busiest day I've ever seen. During my nap, I dreamt I had to run to the basement to find strawberry jelly for an order, and it took me forever to get down there and then I couldn't find any anywhere. I really hate dreaming about work. Before I moved, I used to dream about work almost every night. Very vivid, almost lucid dreams where I was helping the line but I was aware that I was supposed to be sleeping. It was pretty much like I was working all night. Except I didn't make any tips.
Tomorrow is my day off, we're going to go our original road trip of Bennington and Manchester. This is perhaps the first road trip we ever took together back in the day (with the exception of NYC) and it remains my favorite. We've done it twice now, and both times it was really nice.
On Wednesday, Trampatha and I are going on a "Sober Adventure" after work, meaning we've never really hung out sober. We're always at a bar/drunk sitting on a sidewalk somewhere. But we're both working 6 days this week and still want to have girls night, so I guess that means we have to do it sober. We discussed starting a secret affair today, where we tell our BF's we're "running errands" or "grocery shopping" but actually having girls night.
OK, I'm officially hungry and need to figure out where to go on a date tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe that's why michael broke up with me-- he found out about my "errand running." oops. should have been a little more discreet when discarding the evidence. how the fuck did i not know you had a blog until now?