Thursday, February 18, 2010

this is boring

You've been warned.
I cut out most of my caffeine at the beginning of the year. With the exception of the two days a week that I work, I almost never have it. Tonight, in a moment of weakness, I got a ridiculously overpriced Dr. Pepper from the school vending machine. I almost pushed that ginger ale button, but I made the fateful decision to get some sugary caffeine goodness at the last second. I am now paying for that decision. Granted, it's only midnight, but I'm really wired and not in a good way. I have tons of work to be doing, but the thought of doing it is causing anxiety, the likes of which that can only be attributed to that damn dr. pepper. As with any substance I have ever ingested, I'm a little worried that it's effects will last forever. It's like that kid who went to the dentist! Yikes!!

No matter how much I try to deny it, my dumb ankle is injured more than I thought. Actually, it's not even my ankle but the outside of my foot. It probably wasn't good to run a mile after I twisted it on Tuesday, and then stand on it all day at work yesterday and walk to the library and home on it, but how was I supposed to know? It never got swollen or bruised or anything, and it didn't really hurt on Tuesday or Wednesday. Today it hurts to put weight on it and I'm limping like a moron. I have been RICEing it, as I mentioned before, so hopefully this won't last too long. I WANT TO RUN. Hmph. Tomorrow is definitely out, I'm hoping by some miracle I will wake up tomorrow with no pain and will run on Saturday. I don't know how realistic that is.
Boo!



No comments: