Monday, December 22, 2008

Hooray!

Finally I got the internet! It's been so long. I had to learn to live without it! No weatherchannel.com. No Facebook. No email. No idea how much money I had in my bank account. No google. I was like a caveman!
I couldn't figure out how to make the internet wireless. I typed in my ip address as instructed, but then was prompted for a user name and password, and I had no idea what it was. I had to call tech support. The user name was "admin" and the password was "password" and the tech support lady told me this as if I should just know that. We connected via this "Screen share" program which had her operating my computer from, well, who knows. I assumed India due to her accent but she could have been anywhere. She was all scrolling my mouse around and setting up my internets for me. It was surreal. She was explaining stuff to me and moving the mouse around to demonstrate. It was like having a ghost friend there!

I'm all ready for Christmas! I got the last things today. I just need to wrap some stuff up and that's it. Thank god. I had a lot of people to buy for this year.
I like all the snow we just got. It makes the really cold and dark weather more bearable for me. I would probably feel differently if I had to drive more.
I just checked the weather channel website and found out that it's currently 0 degrees in Minneapolis and it feels like -18 degrees. That sounds about right. I am so glad I'm not there right now.

No comments: