Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Actually, we win! Ha!

We went and had the dreaded talk with the landlord today, telling him we couldn't take living in this damn apartment anymore. It turns out, though, that someone else complained about the neighbors that are the biggest problem, and the landlord goes on a "three strikes and you're out" rule. They just sent them a letter about the last complaint two days ago, and are going to call the stupid neighbors today and warn them that if anyone else complains, they are EVICTED. If they're noisy this weekend, we're supposed to call on Monday and let him know. Hopefully they'll just be quiet, although I wouldn't feel very bad if they got evicted because they are jerks. The good news is, it looks like we will be able to stay! The woman downstairs is quiet, and the jerk directly next door have gotten a lot quieter since I got in a fight with him (with the exception of their music being loud late at night twice this week; however, we could drown the sound out enough with fans to sleep) and the landlord said that they favor the quietest neighbor, so if we have any more sound issues we should just call. I'm so happy. I didn't want to move at all because it's so much work, but I especially don't want to move out of this apartment because I LOVE IT.
We're still waiting to hear about this teaching job Dan had two interviews for. It's only been 48 hours or so, but we're both ready to explode. With all the competition that's out there right now (we figure a few hundred applicants for each job), I'm incredibly proud that he's in the finals for this job. It's just like America's Next Top Model! Even if he doesn't get this job, I think he has a really good shot at getting a teaching job this year.
I've had such a good day off today. I got tons of stuff done that I've been putting off: cleaning, tons of laundry, and I finally started painting Dan's dresser. I've also watched tons of TV on the interweb. AND I just found out I get tomorrow off too!

1 comment:

Megan said...

YES! Good prevails.