Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Take that, centipedes!

I'm transferring to ACC this fall because ESC was no good. I'm excited to go to class more, and to pay much less tuition for a seemingly better school. Also, I just found out that I am receiving a pell grant for most of my tuition, and may be receiving a TAP thingy for most of the rest, so basically my tuition is free this year. Being poor has finally paid off! There's still the cost of books, of course, and I'm using a little of my student loan to buy a new computer but I'm glad to be keeping my loans to a minimum. It's so tempting to take accept all of the loans I'm being offered, but I'm not so that I don't have thousands and thousands of dollars in debt when I'm finished with school (a la Dan).


My master plan is to work as much as possible while earning my associates degree so that I can squirrel away as much money as possible (which is not much now with the shotty tips we've been getting lately. This is a problem. What's up, customers?) so that when I transfer to a four-year, I can work as little as possible. Genius!


I'm trying to soak up the summer as much as possible, but it's slipping away. It feels like it's still May because of the weather. I'm not really complaining, I hate super hot weather, but it's hard to convince myself that it's the middle of July already when we haven't even brought a fan into the living room yet. Also, I have all of these projects I want to do this summer that I won't have time for once school is in session, but I can't seem to find the time now. At least I'm cooking a lot, which is fun. I'm trying all these new recipes with excellent results. Last night it was spinach, corn, and sun dried tomato enchiladas. Yum! Dan is a lucky fellow.


We now have centipedes. Eeeshk! I decided that they are only slightly less scary than mice. I mean, LOOK AT THIS:



These things come straight from hell. And if they're supposed to do "more good that harm" because they eat other bugs, then why do I have these big flies in my apartment, huh? Fuck you, centipedes!

2 comments:

Megan said...

that picture makes my whole face itch!!!!

Bobby Carlton said...

i'm gonna punch that centipede in the face when I see it.