Sunday, July 5, 2009

WHAT I DID ON SUMMER VACATION PART 2

We left D.C. on Friday afternoon for Western NY. The drive was quite eventful. There were a million signs saying things such as "Watch out for DUI drivers" and "High DUI area" which made us feel safe and secure. Then there was the witty "Buckle Up Next Million Miles" sign. We were driving mostly along windy, narrow roads, and at one point two deer almost ran out in front of our car. The drive took much longer than the 7 hours estimated by map quest, most likely because it took about 2 hours to get out of the D.C. area, despite the fact that we were parked 30 minutes north of the city to begin with.
Saturday we headed to Niagara Falls, which I had never been to before. It was incredible. We don't really have waterfalls in Iowa; the first time I saw one was Minnehaha Falls in Minneapolis, which is this tiny little thing:


so I was very impressed with the enormity of Niagara Falls. We went on the Maid of the Mist, which was really cool, if not a little scary. I mean, you get right up on that bitch. At that distance, the amount of water pouring over the edge was incomprehensible to my little brain. Also, I was worried the boat would capsize and we would all die in the churning water. At the top of the falls, you are able to go right up to the edge and watch the water go over, which was cool.
On Sunday we toured Geneso with a group of Dan's friends from college and saw Kirk Cameron at the Charcoal Corral. We didn't approach him, because he was with his kids and junk, but it was pretty random and funny. We went to see The Hangover, which Dan and I both hated, but as far as I can tell we're the only ones in the entire world who feel that way.

Um, I think thats it. It was a crazy, jam-packed trip, but it was a lot of fun. THE END.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I don't even know who Kirk Cameron is. :/