Sunday, January 24, 2010

back to school

I am back from the midwest, just in time to start school again. My classes start tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to this semester at all. My schedule is really inconvenient, and I have two classes that I'm really not looking forward to: Algebra for dum-dums and The United States to 1877. Sigh. Maybe it won't be as bad as I think.
In other news, we got a new neighbor on Friday and have finally given up on finishing out our lease. The apartment next door is 2 floors, so we share both living room, bathroom, and bedroom walls with this new person, plus their hardwood stairs are right next to our bedroom, and their bedroom and bathroom are above our bedroom. From the sound of it, they don't have a single area rug and have never lived below anyone. To be fair, this is the first time I've ever lived below anyone and I don't know how considerate I was of downstairs neighbors. I always assumed that they insulated the floors in between apartments, which they may do in some buildings, but not this one. Even when new neighbor is just talking in his apartment, it sounds like his is in mine, and I moved our bed into the living room because I was up all night Friday listening to him arrange his furniture/walk around/drop heavy things right over my bed. So now we essentially have a studio apartment. It's idiotic. I can't live like this for 4 more months. It has been really stressful since we moved in, and I'm just done with it. So we're calling a few potential apartments tomorrow, a couple in Saratoga and one in Gansevoort. Hopefully we find a good place to live.

1 comment:

Daniel Sennis said...

Livingroom Bed is on the loose!