Saturday, January 16, 2010

Soy de Iowa

This has been quite an eventful week. I started my trip to Iowa by missing my flight (my alarm somehow didn't go off), but after a rocky day, I landed in the Midwest. Since then, I've been in wedding boot camp (run by my mom and sister). We figured out the table decorations at the reception, my mom made my veil, and I had my Midwest bridal shower today. I feel like we're really close to finished with the wedding planning, which is a relief. There are still a few details to work out, but we're getting there.
Baby fever has struck hard. You'd think being around my nephews (ages 8, 6, and 3) would discourage my baby desire, but somehow it's ignited it. Also, my BFFL had her baby last night, and while I haven't been able to visit her yet (stupid H1N1 regulations) but I saw a picture and nearly died because she's so freeking cute. The baby came a few weeks early, and I feel so lucky that the timing worked out like this. I get to see her tomorrow or the next day!! Eek!
I'm at my sister's house right now because I'm babysitting my aforementioned nephews. They are sleeping together on the floor of one bedroom, and it is the cutest thing. We had a rad night, we had pizza and played games. I told them they could stay up as late as they wanted and they were all asleep by 8:45. Ah, I wish I could see them more often. I could never live in the Midwest again, but it's so hard to live so far away from my family.

No comments: