Thursday, May 13, 2010

wedding and running and pen pal, oh my!

Ah, freedom. Today is my first day off in a very long time. No homework, no work, no class, no commitments...it's nice. And now my life consists of wedding planning, running, and becoming BFFL with my new pen pals! Yeah, you read that right. Ms. Popular over here has two pen pals now! Beat that, loser!

Now that my semester is over, I am in full-on wedding planning mode. The big day is 7 weeks from tomorrow. How the hell did that happen? At this point, I am trying to figure out what we have left to do. I think we're in good shape. Tomorrow I am going to look for a bridesmaids dress with Tara and find shoes. I want some that look like this, but white:
My dess fitting appointment is a week from Saturday, and I was talking with my awesome friend Krissy, who is doing my hair for the wedding, about our plan for that day, all of which is making the whole thing seem more real. I think the day is going to be a lot of fun. We're keeping it pretty casual because we're not fancy people, which I think is cutting out a lot of stress. Although, there is still a lot of stress. Gross!  

I just went for a run. It's the first time in a long time I've had time to do it during the day, so I was able to run my old route instead of laps in the yard. It was good and bad; it felt psychologically harder because it's easier to zone out in the yard, plus I would see all the spots I used to stop and walk in and my brain was like "heeeey, it's walking time!" but I was able to run much farther and I was really appreciating how far my little lungs have come since even the last time I ran that route. Not only was I able to run the entire time without taking a walking break (something I wasn't able to do last time I ran that route), I even added on about half a mile (making the run about 2 miles) and never stopped to walk. My plan was to run the two mile loop and keep going past my house for about 3 or 4 minutes before turning back, which would have made my run about 25 minutes long. But when I saw my house, I suddenly felt very lazy and only ran about 32 seconds before turning around. So I gave up at 18:40. Oh, well.

PENPAL UPDATE!!! So my pen pal and I are basically bff's by now. We've written each other like a million emails. Well, actually only four, and two of those were just us deciding whether or not to be pen pals and how we wanted to go about writing messages. Whatever. The main thing she says to me is "Jejejejeje!!" which is hilarious. Example: I told her that I'm studying to become a translator and she responded: "Translator! Jejejjeee!" 
As if it couldn't get any better, this guy from Peru sent me an email asking me to be HIS pen pal, so now I have two! I'm glad that I have one from Latin America and one from Spain because I will learn the different dialects. I'm going to be way more awesome at Spanish like next week. I've already learned some new phrases ("by the way" and "sounds good to me"). This is awesome. I bet you're jealous! 


No comments: