Thursday, December 17, 2009

Local hero donates hair, studies for finals

Everyone knows this by now, but I'm not ready to stop talking about it. I got the world's most awesome haircut on Tuesday. I went to Ovation Salon on Geyser Road, and Krissy did an amazing job. I got about 9 inches cut off, and donated 8 of 'em to wigs for kids, which is a pretty easy way to feel good about yourself.

Last weekend I scored a surprise Sunday off and Dan and I headed to the city. It was a last minute decision, which is always more fun. I'd been studying my head off for finals, and when Dan suggested we go to New York, I was like, "Yes please!" knowing that, otherwise, I would not take a much needed break. We had a lot of fun. Friday night we drove to Poughkeepsie and stayed in a hotel, and then took the train to the city on Saturday. We didn't do much there, aside from walking and walking, which is what we like to do when we go there. We're such total dorks that we immediately use the "map my run" website when we get home to see how many miles we walked. This time, 9. There were a ton of drunken Santas, and some of them hugged me. I did not like it. We thought about going Rockefeller to Center to see the tree, but aborted the mission when we got nearby and were suddenly swept up in this herd of people who were pushing everyone they could reach (because that is obviously going to make people walk faster). I yelled "ABORT! ABORT! Meet me over there!"pointed across the street, and shoved everyone out of my way and got the hell out of there.

And since we got home, I've been studying. Except when I got my hair cut/was showing off my haircut. I'm writing this blog now because I just had to stop studying for my western civ test for awhile. I can't wait until Tuesday night at 7pm, when finals are over.

No comments: