Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ramblings of a mad-woman

I knew as I was scooping that coffee into my coffee maker that it was a baaad idea. 5pm might not seem that late, but I have been diligent for years about not drinking coffee too late, lest it keep me up at night. But I'm in a weird phase right now, transitioning away from being a super-early morning person, and damn it, i like coffee. So I brewed myself 4 cups (c'mon, we all know those "cups" are only 5 or 6oz. Pshaw!) of delicious coffee and guzzled it down as fast as my little throat would let me. After all, I had a class at 6:30 and wanted to be alert!
BIG MISTAKE. Almost as bad as the time the French backed the US during the American Revolution just to spite Britain, thus causing the French economy to tank and sparking, in part, the French Revolution (I'm taking Western Civ). It is now 11:30, and I'm insane! I'm not even a little tired, and I have no outlet for my energy. Dan went to bed HOURS ago. I got lonely and called a red plum "little guy" and invited him to get in my mouth. I then nearly choked on said plum, which triggered a fantasy-sequence in which I was actually choking and ran into the bedroom to try to get Dan to do the Heimlich maneuver on me, which caused me to wonder if he'd figure out what was wrong in time, what with me not being able to talk and all. Lesson learned? No coffee after 3pm for me.
What I should be doing right now is either reading the rest of my western civ chapter (which would put me to sleep for sure) or re-writing this poorly written super boring article about grade retention into a fabulous speech, or my Spanish homework. I just don't have the motivation. Instead, I'll probably watch more YouTube videos of cats putting their heads under running water and Obama calling Kanye West a jackass.
WILL I EVER SLEEP???

No comments: