Saturday, September 5, 2009

March, April, May, September

I'm not really sure what happened to all those months that fall between May and September, but here I am about to start classes again. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic. I really like being in school, and this year being in school translates to me working very part time. And I did a lot this summer, it was pretty awesome. I just can't believe how quickly it flew by. I somehow managed to not only not save any money, but to have $300 less in my savings account than I did in May. This is quite unlike me, and leaves me feeling anxious if I think about it too much. So I try not to.


I'm not terribly excited about 3/4 of my classes this year. Western Civ (puke), Speech, and College Health are just holes on my gen-ed punch card. I'm excited but unsure about the Spanish class I'm taking, because I chose Spanish 1, even though I could have taken Spanish 2. I'm just worried that because it's been so long since I've been in a Spanish class, there is much I can't remember. I'm also worried that because I'm actually quite good at Spanish (or will be once I get a little practice to brush up), I'll be bored out of my mind.


It just hit me that today is my last day off of summer. The last day I'll be able to just lay around and do nothing. Instead, I'm trying to clean the apartment from top to bottom because who knows when I'll have time to do it again. I'm also trying to finish season 4 of Felicity ASAP.


I can't wait for fall weather to stick. I have a closet full of fall clothes, and these sweet boots that I had to search endlessly for are on the way:




I am ready.

2 comments:

Megan said...

maybe you can just go to borders and flirt with the hispanics to practice your spanish.

also where did you get those boots???

Lindsay said...

old navy!