Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My public speaking experiences so far

Here's a recap of my presentations thus far this semester:

First presentation: Informative speech about the environment in my Public Speaking class last Tuesday. Convinced I was "next up" for the entire three hours, I was in a constant state of panic. Eventually we ran out of time, prolonging the anticipation another week.

Second presentation: An about-me presentation in Spanish class yesterday: I worked tirelessly making an AWESOME power-point and prepared my speech. I was quite excited to do my speech. I get up there, pop in my flash drive, pull up my PowerPoint, and NOTHING IS THERE. It's broken. Nothing we try works. It is saved in the wrong format or corrupted or something. I have to re-do the PowerPoint for class tomorrow. My anticipation is prolonged.

Third presentation: Informative speech, take 2, tonight: I get in front of the class, and while waiting for my professor to set up the camera, entertain my classmates. First, I look into the audience and say "Don't look at me!" then, when a girl asks the teacher if she can do her speech without her shoes on, I say "Do you feet stink?" I then proceed to give my speech at break-neck speed, nearly fainting from lack of breathing. When I'm finished, I proclaim "I NEVER want to get up here again!" and run back to my seat.

Yikes!

2 comments:

Maddie said...

Oh no Linda! I'm pretty sure you caught a bad case of the Maddie! I hope you find the cure and let me know... I always rattle the papers i'm holding so bad I can't read my speech then get sick after!

Lindsay said...

I have to do a 3 minute revision exerpt next week. We'll see if I can find a cure by then!