Thursday, December 3, 2009

I should pay rent

Holy crap, how the bleep is it December already? It's the 3rd, but I'm in denial, so I haven't paid rent yet. Whoops. My semester is almost over, which I am dreading because it means that I will have to work more (in theory, if there are hours for me) for a couple of weeks, and then I'll have to start my idiot schedule next semester that I'm going to hate. Thankfully, in between those two things, I am going to visit my family in Iowa for 8 days. I am so excited!!
I am working my ass off for all A's this semester. I easily have A's in Spanish, Health, and Western Civ (unless I bomb the last Western Civ test or my health final, but I'm not worried). The only toss-up is public speaking. I'm either going to get an A or a B+, but goddamn it I want an A! Right now, I have a 90 if I just tally up my speeches, but I've gotten 100% on all of the written assignments I've turned in, so I have a good shot. There is one more speech, so if I kick ass on that, I'm going to get an A.
Next semester is my third, which means I need to get my shit together and figure out where I want to transfer to pretty soon. It mostly depends on where Dan finds a teaching job. He's going to apply all over NY state and probably in Massastupids and Vermont as well, so I can't get too attached to any school because I have no clue where we'll be living. There's a chance that Dan will get a job around here, which would be nice, but a change of scenery would also be nice. I have a fantasy that we move somewhere less expensive and we can rent a little house. Sigh.
Okay, time to get back to work. This Western Civ paper that's due Monday isn't going to edit itself!